Curious about how scientific research can directly benefit farmers and the agriculture industry? Join us for “Emerging Agri-Tech – Research Into Practice” at REAP, a unique session that provides a platform to explore this intersection – where farmers and researchers connect!
During this session, James Green, our farmer chair, engages in thought-provoking discussions with scientists. They use everyday objects as conversation starters to explain their research and its practical implications for agriculture.
Why should you attend?
- Farmers challenge researchers to explain the significance of their work for agriculture.
- Researchers demonstrate why their findings matter to farmers and the agricultural industry.
- Takeaways: Gain insights into cutting-edge research, understand how it could benefit your own farm, and experience farmer-led conversations that dive deep into the heart of agri-tech innovation.
Emerging Ag goes beyond science; it’s a bridge between research and on-farm application. It’s your chance to connect with researchers dedicated to making their work relevant and accessible to the farming community, directly addressing the real-world challenges and goals of farmers.
Featuring on the day
Emerging Agri-Tech showcases leading scientists from the top research institutes and agricultural centers in the UK, providing a snapshot of the diversity of research taking place today.
- Dr Richard Green Harper Adams University: Grasslands
- Dr Jolanda van Munster SRUC: Livestock
- Dr Ewan Gage Cranfield University: Vegetable Nutrition
- Dr Jacqueline Stroud University of Warwick: Soil
- Jonathan Ashworth Earlham Institute: Biodiversity
- Dr Myriam Charpentier John Innes Centre: Crop Traits
- Dr David Withall Rothamsted Research: Insects
Emerging Ag is about unveiling the real-world impact of seemingly unrelated science, showing how it can make a tangible difference on farm. To set the stage, let’s consider a few intriguing questions that our researchers will explore:
Ever wondered what words a worm might whisper?
If orange is the new black, could green be the new gold?
And what’s the connection between beer and bovines?
Join us at Emerging Agri-Tech at REAP 2023 to find out!