If you are considering Canada as a new market or are interested in collaborative research projects with generous government support, then consider applying for the VOYAGE programme. It builds on the success of previous missions co-hosted by Agri-TechE and the Saskatoon Regional Economic Development Authority SREDA and offers supported expansion into North America with the Global Agri-food Advancement Partnership.
Alex Fallon, SREDA President, comments: “VOYAGE offers international agri-tech start-ups the opportunity to explore business development and partnership opportunities through taking part in Saskatoon’s newest agri-food incubator, the Global Agri-food Advancement Partnership (GAAP). VOYAGE winners will have access to world-class agri-tech research facilities, new markets, dynamic partnership and research collaborations, and potential funding and investment opportunities.
“VOYAGE will bring start-ups to one of the leading agtech jurisdictions in North America, helping to take their growth to the next level.
“It has been a pleasure to work with Agri-TechE on the previous HARVEST programme, which brought a cohort of companies to Saskatoon. As Covid restrictions are lifting we hope once again to host interested companies and support their expansion.”
Alex Dinsdale of the membership organisation Agri-TechE says that a diverse group of companies have benefited from previous missions.
He says: “Saskatchewan has a strong track record in the crop development and production and, as the fifth-largest exporter of food, it is a good place to access the Canadian market. There is significant public funding into the VOYAGE programme and there is a well-connected agri-tech ecosystem which is supportive to early-stage companies.
“We welcome the opportunity to work again with SREDA and Ag-West Bio on this exciting programme.”
VOYAGE soft entry to North American markets
VOYAGE offers funding for travel to Saskatchewan and discounted enrolment in the Global Agri-food Advancement Partnership (GAAP) incubator. GAAP brings together the resources of the Global Institute for Food Security, the Saskatchewan Food Industry Development Centre and Innovation Place.
The three-month incubator program supplies greenhouses, labs, offices and concierge services to help agri-tech start-ups with networking opportunities, training, path-finding and financial investment.
- Up to $4,000 CAD to be used for travel and accommodations while enrolled in the GAAP incubator
- Opportunity to participate in a three-month GAAP incubator ($5,000) at a discounted rate of 50% ($2,500)
- Opportunity to showcase your technology to the Saskatchewan agri-food and agriculture industries
- Networking with industry leaders and exploration of business opportunities in the Saskatoon Region
How to apply
Entrants need to apply by 30th August 2021 and meet the following criteria:
- Be beyond proof-of-concept and be ready to expand
- Have a technology applicable to the Saskatchewan agri-food industry
- Provide a company profile
- Provide an overview of their technology and how it applies to the Saskatchewan agri-food and/or agriculture industries
The VOYAGE application form is available to download here.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read the rules here.