UK businesses with Canadian business partners can apply for a share of up to £2 million, from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund, for innovative projects that enhance productivity and sustainability of crop, livestock and aquaculture systems.
The UK and Canada are running a joint funding competition to support collaborative research and development (CR&D) projects, to develop new products, processes and services. Projects must target improvement to the productivity and sustainability of crop, livestock and aquaculture systems.
We want applicants to deliver integrated precision approaches and data driven solutions to support the transition to a net zero-emission industry by 2040.
We welcome proposals:
- combining digital technologies, artificial intelligence, the application of big data and engineering solutions with biological, environmental and/or social science to drive productivity
- developing technologies and solutions that connect farms and supply chains
- transferring technology from another sector into agriculture, providing this requires innovation
The national funding bodies (NFBs) will fund their respective participants in the projects. Contact your agency for further guidance:
- UK applicants contact Innovate UK, part of UK Research and Innovation: email@example.com
- Canadian applicants contact the National Research Council of Canada Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC IRAP) International Office: IRAP.International.PARI@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
The competition closes at 5pm UK time (which is 9am Pacific Time and midday 12pm Eastern Time) on 20th May 2020.
The combined total funding sought (grant available) for all UK partners can be a maximum of £400,000 per application. NRC IRAP will provide a maximum contribution of up to $700,000 CAD to be shared between Canadian partners involved in the project.
For information, please visit the competition page.