Salary: Based on commission
CD: not specified
Working hours: 08.30am-5pm
Involved in Plant and Animal Nutrition for almost 60 years and active in the Agri-food industry, the Groupe Roullier draws upon its industrial and technical expertise, its unique sales force and a sustained innovation policy to meet the specific needs of its clients. Our strength is in our 8,000 employees who share our values: innovation, performance, and entrepreneurial spirit. Our activities are organised into 4 divisions: Plant nutrition, Animal nutrition, Agri-food and Industrial solutions.
TIMAC AGRO a subsidiary of the Groupe Roullier, has more than 5,700 talented people based in 39 countries across the globe, with a global turnover of €2BN. Timac Agro UK, has since moved to a brand -new Head Office facility at the world – renowned Rothamsted Research Centre, the UK’s primary agricultural research institutions in the world.
As a result of continued growth, Timac Agro UK are looking for highly motivated individuals that are well known within their locale in the agriculture industry. As a Technical Sales Agent; you will have attained a FACTS qualification and have a greater understanding and technical aptitude for presenting crop, plant and livestock nutrition with emphasis on providing sustainable farming solutions to your local agricultural communities! You will be able to fulfil sales of an agreed Tonnage per year with line support to the Regional Sales Manager, who will act as your first point of contact.
As a charismatic and independent sales professional, you will utilise your skills, knowledge and experience in the world of Agriculture and Farming, to implement unique sales strategies and attract new clients. With the ability to form long last relationships, the successful sales specialist will continually source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve quotas. Alongside travel and building an extensive network, you will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing and negotiating with clients, generating leads, and managing sales of products and services.
REGION – (please note that applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and these locations will be subject to availability).
*This is a field-based role and will require daily travel through your territory, plus periodic travel to business meetings throughout business unit and occasionally to the head office (Harpenden).
- To achieve sales of our Unique & Enhanced Product Rangein Fertilisers, Soil Conditioners and Animal Nutrition/ Welfare Solutions to Farmers and Growers through local distribution channels.
- Seek, develop and maintain regular and continuous relationships with distributors and key players within the local farming community.
- Use existing customer/market data and carry out independent research to develop ‘out of the box’ sales strategies.
- Successful closure of sale using various customer services/ sales methods (networking, knowledge building, prospecting etc.).
- Keep up to date with industry trends, regulations, changes and / or innovations.
- Attend meetings, sales events and training when required by the Regional Sales Manager.
- Participation in team training activities or collaborative efforts and team working events.
- To undertake any other duties as may be reasonably expected by the Regional Sales Manager/ Business Unit or Country Manager.
As a successful candidate you will have;
- A Level/ Diploma qualified or higher, within Agricultural sciences or business management
- Minimum 4 years’ continuous work experience (Desirable)
- Quantifiable results in field-based sales roles (B2B and/or B2C)
- A strong understanding of key sales techniques
- Desire to build and learn soil science, crop science and animal health
- Completed a FACTs (Fertiliser Advisers Certification and Training) qualification.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including confidence in cold calling on the field and via phone and ability to develop good long-term industry relationships
- Great organisational, planning and problem-solving capabilities
- Team orientated with the ability to successfully manage and nurture a team
- Self-motivated and driven with a desire to succeed
- Demonstrating resilience, with a focus on positive outcomes
- Commercially aware of current industry happenings/ innovations
- A full, clean UK Driving License
- Good level numeracy skills
- Happy to work autonomously
Uncapped Commission on all sales made within your territory (The role is 100% commission based)
Please send your CV to: email@example.com