Salary: role dependent
CD: role dependent
Stable is a venture-backed technology company operating in the agricultural commodity sector.
We’re a diverse and talented team of 40+ people who are making big things happen as we continue to use technology, content and innovation to delight our commodity focused clients. We’re laser focused on helping the $5trn food and agricultural sector understand and manage price risk, with core segments including meat & livestock, poultry & eggs, dairy and niche grains.
Our team is at the heart of everything we do. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team that is small enough for your work to be recognised, but big enough to make them a reality.
We are now looking for an experienced Journalist to research and curate industry news and analysis to help our users understand all aspects of risks to their businesses, together with engaging industry news and upcoming events.
Your main goal will be to curate timely and valuable industry content from 3rd party partners and our in house analysts.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Create & curate high-quality industry content that our users will value
- Build relationship with content partners and team members
- Supervise layout of images, graphics, videos and other artwork
- Regularly check and track content
- Proofread and edit material
- Work in a multidisciplinary technology team with professionals such as analysts, data scientists, traders, developers and marketing executives to improve content strategy
- Keep abreast with the latest industry news, markets and events in the agricultural commodity sector
Digital Editor requirements and qualifications
- 5+ years in agricultural commodity and/or US farming industry. This is non negotiable.
- A wide network of contacts and relationships in the agri commodity industry
- Excellent digital skills
- Team player
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Strong social skills. Relationships are key in this industry.
- IT fluency. We’re a technology company first and foremost
- The ability to handle pressure and hit targets. We’re building a global business so you need to be up for making big things happen
We put a premium on attracting and retaining the best talent. That’s why we reward our people with a highly competitive salary and a wealth of amazing benefits, including 25 days paid holiday, private medical and flexible working hours. The team is based in our hubs in Chicago, NYC and Austin, but we work flexibly to make sure we hire for talent not location
Summer 2021, Stable London, UK
Stable is a venture-backed fintech company with operations across North America, Europe and Bermuda. We’re using data science to redefine commodity hedging for the $8 trillion global food industry. Our unique platform protects our clients from volatile commodity prices, so they can invest in the future with confidence. Stable’s London team develops and serves the core indexing, pricing, hedging, portfolio management algorithms for our US, EU and Bermuda offices. The team is made up of commodity market quants from banks, trade houses and leading research institutions with 3 PhDs and 7 Masters in mathematics, financial maths and economics backgrounds.
Stable is hosting an off-cycle data analyst graduate program for final year and master/phd students. This highly collaborative role will work closely with internal and external parties, business stakeholders, and our trading / quant team to support the delivery of OTC market pricing, market insight tools, business intelligence analysis and data visualisations.
The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about commodity markets, data science and economics. Experience and knowledge in financial model development, financial derivatives and good coding skills to work under pressure are appreciated. This individual needs to be a team player equipped with good communications skills. They must thrive with cross-functional teams and exhibit excellent critical thinking and digital marketing skills.
Start Time: Off-Cycle at any time
Format: Full time / Part time / Internship
Salary: 30k-60k (full time basis) + bonus
Location: London, UK (WFH + >=2 days per week at office)
The candidate will work in one or more of the following tasks.
- Work with the data science team to operate, maintain and further develop Stable’s in-house pricing algorithms.
- Assist the quant team to further develop commodity trading, hedging and deep hedging algorithms.
- Develop data tools for data visualisation, risk analytics, deal management, portfolio optimisation and business intelligence dashboards.
- Work with the underwriting and the sales teams to make OTC offerings via Stable’s in-house market-making engines.
- Research and implement factor based deep learning models with the analysts team.
- Responsible for other duties/projects as assigned by management as needed.
- Research or working experiences in quantitative/computational finance.
- Reporting, coding and analysing experiences across a variety of tools and languages (at least familiar with two of the following: Excel, dash, plotly, mongodb, spark, scikit-learn, tensorflow, flask, python, C++, C# and Java.).
- Mathematical and finance skills with a good understanding of financial derivatives.
- Ability to effectively engage with business stakeholders and translate business requirements into high impact reports, data tools and visualizations.
- Knowledge around practices in data visualization design and the presentation of information in order to enable business users to arrive at insights quickly and efficiently.
- Speaking a second language is a plus, for example Mandarin, French or Spanish.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Articulates concepts in a clear, structured and succinct manner. Adjusts communication based on the audience.
- Results-driven with bias for action and commitment to excellence. Self-directed, rolls up the sleeves and engages in all activities with a sense of urgency. Gets it done on time, every time. Extremely organized with excellent attention to detail.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment of constant change. Manages numerous time-sensitive matters simultaneously. Positive, resilient and open to candid feedback. Listens to and considers alternatives. Make decisions.
We put a premium on attracting and retaining the best talent. That’s why we reward our people with a highly competitive salary and a wealth of amazing benefits, including company equity, paid family medical, dental and vision insurance premiums and 25 days paid holiday with the opportunity to travel to our operations in Europe, US and Bermuda to work with the wider team. The team is based in London, but we work flexibly to make sure we hire for talent not location.
For more information on both roles, please take a look at the Stable job listings on LinkedIn.