Salary: role dependent
CD: not specified
This is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to drive the development of the experiences which will feed the world. We are a start-up company who are ramping up to deliver cutting edge technical and engineering solutions that will revolutionise the agri-tech industry.
Based at our HQ at West Dean, Salisbury and at home, we have a forward thinking, modern and charismatic team who understand that work is a part of life and flexible working arrangements are key to success in a modern world.
We are all hard working, dedicated and passionate about what we do and are looking for a new team member that can mirror the qualities outlined below. In return, we offer a fabulous working package with the flexibility to work remotely or from home at agreed hours to suit yourself.
We also believe that diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. If you are excited about our company, the role and working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl?
Head of Service Design
Salary: from £45,000
CD: not specified
Service design is a fundamental part of Small Robot Company. We founded the business based on heavily researched customer needs, and everything we do is driven by our experience principles.
The Head of Service Design role is to replace the co-Founder and CEO as the driving force behind implementing the global reference experience for farming robotics.
Their role will be to own the delivery the best possible experience for the users of SRC’s “Farming as a Service”, and the related Human Robot Interaction. They will also own the integrated attraction engagement and retention end to end experience, including social, outbound, content, and corporate web experiences.
They will be responsible for designing, testing and implementing an evolving service using single screen complex interfaces, a multi-platform end to end customer engagement experience, and an integrated human robotic interaction experience.
The Head of Service Design will work alongside the Head of Brand to create ongoing quantification and benchmarking of the overarching effectiveness of the core experiences, and how they track alongside the evolution of the company and the service and tie back to the experience principles.
The Head of Service Design will work alongside the Head of Innovation to explore and test new concepts and innovations with customers, interactors, investors and other audiences.
While the Head of Service Design will eventually grow their own team, they will be expected to be able to initially research, pick up and use the tools necessary to get the job done.
The Head of Service Design will be expected to work effectively and at pace.
As Head of Service Design, you’ll need to:
- Have a clear and evolving vision of the end to end customer engagement, service and HRI experiences.
- Meet clients and stakeholders to gather information about their requirements and to find out what needs researching, designing or usability testing
- Put users at the centre of a design to make it simple, easy to use and good looking
- Understand and implement qualitative research methods
- Own the sketching, prototyping and user testing, before passing the design onto the development team
- Take ownership of costs and budgets of implementation, and understand the financial implications of design decisions
- Be confident in your presentation skills in order to present the stages of the design development to business users, stakeholders and partners
- Work closely within a multidisciplinary team, including developers, robotics engineers and data scientists.
- Have technical knowledge to be able to explain what needs doing to programmers
- Ensure websites comply with the law and equal opportunities policies, and HRI experiences conform to local and national implementation legislations.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these fabulous things…
- A Bachelor or Masters in user experience, design, psychology, or similar (not vital)
- Strong Experience in owning, mapping and implementing end to end services
- A desire to engage with nascent HRI experiences and paradigms
- Experience in qualitative research methodologies including interviews, one on one testing, surveys, and persona creation
- Experience with quantitative research methodologies including tree testing, A/B testing, questionnaires, clustering, and analytics.
- Proven ability using techniques and products for rapid concepting, experience design and prototyping.
- Confident use of tools for concept sketching and testing (eg Marvel), UI implementation and high fidelity prototypes (eg Sketch)
- Knowledge of effective methodologies and tools for analytics, audience and persona testing
- Experience of definition and execution of test processes and test planning