Salary: not speficied
CD: not specified
As a firm with extensive agricultural connections, we’re expanding our specialist team once again and are looking for an experienced solicitor to work as part of our agricultural property team.
Since its beginnings in Lincolnshire over 80 years ago, Roythornes has developed beyond its historic East Midlands heartland. We act for clients across the country and sit comfortably among the UK’s top 200 law firms. Our people work out of four offices: Spalding, Peterborough, Nottingham and Alconbury.
Many of our 27 partners trained with us. That has been one of the keys to our success and we aim to continue to grow organically, while bringing in additional expertise where needed to meet our strategic goals.
As you would expect, we are looking for people with proven intellectual ability, a commercial approach, excellent interpersonal skills and, most of all, the drive to exceed our clients’ expectations. In return, we offer competitive salaries and the chance to grow with us.
As the successful candidate, you will join other agricultural law specialists who are regarded as being among the best in their field.
You will have empathy with the challenges faced by farm businesses and estates as they try to grow their businesses.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in interesting and good quality work as a member of a growing team which looks outwards and thrives on delivering a great job for clients.
Key Skills and Experience
Applicants will be a qualified solicitor with at least one year’s PQE, and should:
- have an understanding of the agricultural sector and an appreciation of the specific needs of this client group
- have an appreciation of property law and co-ownership issues
- have an interest in the more technical aspects of agricultural law – CAP schemes, shooting leases, etc
- have flexibility and ambition
- have the ability to act independently to a reasonably high level, but also to work with more experienced partners and fee earners on more complex and specialised matters, as required
- have experience of building relationships with both new and existing clients and professionals, as well as a natural ability to promote marketing and business development initiatives in a dynamic way
- be discrete and have the ability to respect client confidentiality
- have the ability to adapt to a broad range of situations and circumstances and remain calm under pressure
To find out more and to apply please visit the Roythornes website here.