Salary: £40,000 – £70,000
CD: not specified
Are you an experienced computer vision developer, engineer or scientist, looking to make a positive impact using machine learning?
Outfield is bringing precision to the global fruit farming industry. An apple farm can lose up to 20% of its yield every year due to insufficient crop tracking and forecasting – meaning tonnes of apples are left as waste in the orchards. Outfield is reducing this waste, cutting CO2 emissions and helping growers increase their produce by providing them with advanced crop tracking technology. We use drones combined with machine learning to count fruit, estimate yields, and monitor trees. The Outfield system is providing farmers with powerful insights that help them make decisions, and maximise their efficiency.
Outfield is seeking an experienced, self-motivated Computer Vision Engineer to help build our image processing pipeline. You will be working with a small but skilled team to develop novel technologies, building on large datasets of real world data. You will be responsible for creating, training, and optimising computer vision models, improving existing systems, and designing and implementing new systems to extract information from drone imagery. You will be collaborating with operations and frontend development teams to create a robust and scalable product that improves the efficiency of fruit farming across the world.
This is a full time position available from December 2021. Outfield is a Cambridge based company, and we support flexible and remote working. The salary range for this position is £40,000 to £70,000, dependent on skillset and experience. Equity options are available.
Outfield is an early stage agri-tech startup with a rapidly growing team. The Outfield platform is currently deployed on orchards in the UK, France, Hungary and South Africa. We have just raised a seed investment round, which gives us a significant runway to support our ambitious growth targets. We are also generating revenues from our orchard management products. More information at outfield.xyz.
- Develop new data acquisition, data processing and machine learning pipelines
- Train convolutional neural networks (CNNs) for image recognition including classification, segmentation and regression tasks
- Measure and improve performance of systems
- Conduct research and experimentation into new techniques
- Work collaboratively in a small team
- 4 years industry experience developing computer vision systems
- Experience using convolutional neural networks (CNNs) for computer vision
- A good understanding of machine learning / deep learning
- Fluency in at least one deep learning framework (we use PyTorch)
- Strong programming skills
For more information and to apply, please visit the job description.