Our client creates chemistry for a sustainable future. They combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, they enable customers in nearly every type of industry in the UK to meet the current and future needs of society.
As Agriculture Sustainability Manager you will:
- Manage relationships with key influencers, stakeholders and partners related to agricultural sustainability and environmental management. Work to develop trusted relationships and support our agricultural stewardship/sustainability strategy.
- Educated to degree level in agriculture/agri-environmental science or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in the industry in a agri-environmental / agricultural relevant sustainability role.
- A BASIS Certification in crop protection would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret data and detailed scientific reports.
- Ability to understand and interpret government policy related to agriculture, farmed environment and ‘sustainable agriculture/land use’.
- Ability to combine agronomic and environmental knowledge with effective influencing skills which address agricultural and broader target audiences.
- Able to work within and sometimes lead multiple disciplinary teams to deliver on our sustainability strategy/commitments.
- In addition to that you demonstrate a high level of agri-environmental expertise, and you can develop compelling argumentation balancing productive conventional agriculture with effective environmental management.
- You will proactively shape, represent and respond to developing agri-environmental and agriculturally relevant ESG trends.
- A valid driving licence is required (travel is required on a national and European basis with nights away depending on business need).
- This position is home-based in the UK (being located within a two-hour drive from our platform sites in Northamptonshire and South Yorkshire would be preferable).
- Apply here
If you believe you have the experience, passion for sustainability and network to be successful in this role then please call Helen Lodge at Eden Search & Select on 0113 834 6634 for a confidential discussion. Eden Search & Select are managing all applications on behalf of the client.