An Agri-Tech Lookbook, to feature the sector’s most progressive companies, is being developed by the Department of International Trade (DIT) in association with Agri-TechE.
The Lookbook will showcase start-ups and scale-ups that are looking for investment and it will be circulated to international investors with a known interest in this sector.
DIT attracting inward investment for agri-tech
The role of the Department for International Trade Growth Capital Team is to attract investment from Venture Capitalists, Corporate Venture Capitals, Family Offices and Ultra High Net Worth Individuals (HNW) into UK businesses and to promote the UK’s world-class investment ecosystem.
DIT works directly with over 200 Corporate VCs and 100 VC funds globally, matching their interests with the ambitions of UK companies.
The Department is now looking to specifically support the agri-tech sector and those investors active in it.
The Lookbook is a further development to the Investor Showcase that DIT has run for many years.
The most recent Lookbook, “UK AI Opportunities”, includes an agri-tech robotics company, AI-empowered CNC machines and an online digital health therapy company.
It features an overview of the technology and its market potential and profiles eleven companies of various sizes.
In association with Agri-TechE
DIT is working in association with Agri-TechE to help develop an Agri-Tech Lookbook to share with investors.
Dr Belinda Clarke, Director of Agri-TechE, says: “We are thrilled to have been selected by the Department of International Trade’s as the national partner for this Lookbook, building on our credentials and the work we have done in supporting agri-tech start-ups throughout the UK and further afield.
“The Lookbook offers a fantastic opportunity to reach carefully selected investors with a knowledge and interest in agriculture, food production and agri-technologies. Companies are invited to nominate themselves for consideration. There is no cost to participate.”
More details below – the deadline is 1 June 2020.
The criteria for applicants
Base criteria are that you must be:
- UK Headquartered and operational
- At a stage with compelling messages of progress and traction for investors outside the UK
- Raising now or planning to start a raise of between £3m-£100m (typically larger A rounds, B, C and D rounds) in the next three quarters.
Provide your summary investor proposition at: https://eu.eventscloud.com/agri-tech
Headings for each profile are:
- Value statement – name of company is a (technology) that addresses (challenge) with (solution)
- Market indicators – why there is a need for this solution
- Traction indicators – progress so far, interest from partners/clients, investors
- Stage indicators – amount of investment so far
- Strength of team – people involved
- Round size – amount of investment sought
Typically, 8-15 companies will be included.
Final selection will be made by DIT based on compelling propositions and attractiveness for investors.
Closing date for applications: 1 June 2020