Salary: not specified
CD: not specified
The role of the Sustainable Agriculture Consultant will be to work closely with our customers in the supply chain (farmers, processors, retailers, and input suppliers) to provide strategic guidance and hands-on delivery support to help them understand sustainability objectives and delivery on targets set. The role requires innovative thinkers that can work with our data scientists to process and interpret data in a way that offers value to our clients and helps navigate the complexities of farming systems. The role requires an understanding of the research-policy-farm interface and how productive farming can deliver positive environmental outcomes.
Map of Ag is a global pioneer in the integration and structuring of agricultural data, and its analysis and modelling. To do this, Map of Ag provides connection across farm data sources, utilising its platform and products to add value and offer its clients innovative, industry-leading insights. By connecting intelligently sourced data and information from farms, Map of Ag enables businesses within the agriculture industry and food chain to maximise the impact of their planning and decision-making. Using farmscale data will help ensure food supply chains are resilient, sustainable and provide quality products for the end consumer by assisting farmers in helping them tell the story of their production system. Map of Ag has offices in the UK and New Zealand, operating within these countries alongside Europe and Australia.
• To lead sustainability related client projects and ad-hoc consultancy.
• Work closely with our Head of Sustainability and product team to assist in the development and
evolution of data-led sustainability models and metrics.
• Support account managers, nutritionists, vets and agronomists to help them understand from a
sustainability perspective, the full benefit of the data generated and managed in their business
• Lead and contribute to business development activities, client meetings and proposal writing.
• Present to clients and relevant industry forums on technical subject matter.
The key skills that will be required for this role include the following:
• An excellent knowledge and understanding of sustainability challenges in agriculture with a sound
scientific foundation in:
o GHG emissions, their origins, measurement approaches and mitigation opportunities
o Carbon stock and stock changes in land use sectors
o Nutrient management and implications for soil, water, and air
o Biodiversity impacts and management
• Innovation, ability to work with others to solve problems and generate valuable outputs for farmers and supply chain clients
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Flexibility, to cater for a range of client needs and deliver high quality outcomes
• Communication: excellent verbal and written communication including good written English and report and proposal writing skills
• IT skills: with the ability to work with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word to a good level
• Agriculture knowledge, awareness of farming systems and ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences in this area
• An understanding of environmental models and data analytics would be an asset
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sustainability
Flexible, home working, with options to work from any of our UK based offices, Frome, Penrith, York, Woodbridge. It will be necessary to travel to team and client meetings when required and have the flexibility to travel internationally. A full, valid driver’s licence is required.
A highly competitive package based the candidate’s experience and expertise and how it delivers value to our clients.
For more information and to apply, please visit the company website.