Salary: dependent on experience
CD: not specified
An introduction to the role:
As Head of Delivery and Support at LettUs Grow, you will be an integral member of the senior management team with overall responsibility for delivery of LettUs Grow’s products and ongoing support of our customers.
In this role you will ultimately be in charge of the success of our customer’s projects. You’ll be overseeing the delivery teams and contractors for a number of concurrent projects, so you need to be able to keep calm and remain organised no matter what comes up and where in the world we are working. You’ll also be in charge of designing and building our customer support and maintenance teams and working with our key strategic partners so you’ll need to lead by example and show a personable, empathetic side that is key to keeping our customers and partners happy.
You will attend senior management meetings, provide key logistical information to the senior management team and contribute to high level company decision making. You will be overseeing customer hardware and software delivery, managing post delivery support and supporting a team to deliver our controlled environment farming technology across the UK and worldwide.
We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse team of horticulturists, growers, engineers, marketeers and operational experts, to design and build the next generation of indoor farming technology together.
- Overseeing success of long term delivery strategy.
- Design and implement strategies to deliver bespoke customer projects and complex products to clients in the UK and abroad.
- Design and implement strategies to deliver profitable ongoing operations & maintenance, and customer support services.
- Oversee the delivery of all customer projects including project management, client relations, production, assembly, installation and commissioning on time and on budget.
- Oversee all operational processes and supply chains to ensure we are staying true to the LettUs Grow version of the quadruple bottom line: people, planet, plants and profit.
- Forge positive and trusting relationships with all LettUs Grow customers, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Design, recruit, manage and support your team to deliver products in an organised, safe and timely manner.
- Communicate realistic installation timelines and provide important logistical information to the commercial, product and financial teams.
- Work with the commercial and finance teams to determine the profitability of our products and services.
- Establish the capability to deliver and maintain LettUs Grow products worldwide.
Who are you?
- You’re a tech savvy, self starting operational lead who understands the importance of organisation, responsibility and efficiency.
- You thrive off of laying firm foundations and scaling sustainable operations.
- You’re an approachable and professional individual who cares about forging reputable customer relationships.
- You’re an experienced manager who communicates openly and honestly. You’re able to build a highly effective team, one that is ambitious, supports each other and our customers.
- You’re an inspiring leader who guides and steers your team but also isn’t afraid to roll up your sleeves if necessary.
- You’re a flexible and resilient person who is capable of remaining calm and level headed during stressful or new situations.
- You enjoy the little details and thrive in a performance oriented environment.
- You’re open to new ideas, excited by innovation and relish the opportunity to build the farms of the future.
What you need:
- Degree level in operations management or a similar field. We will also accept applicants without a degree but with extensive relevant professional experience.
- Five or more years of professional experience in an operational position.
- Technical engineering project management experience.
- Awareness of working with CDM or other applicable frameworks.
- Experience ensuring environmental principles flow through supply chains and projects, such as ISO 14001.
- Capability to understand complex engineering technical requirements.
- Experience with systems engineering and construction type projects.
- Experience with engineering procurement and construction contracts.
- Experience in recruiting and managing teams.
- Experience in project management (for £500k+ projects).
- Experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Experience reviewing legal documents and drafting them with legal support.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Qualifications including PRINCE, ISO 9001, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience in a production and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience selecting and liaising with specialist technical contractors.
- Experience working on horticulture or agriculture projects.
- Experience delivering and operating in geographies outside of the UK.
- Experience in arranging partnerships and long term business contracts.
The position is to commence immediately and is full-time at 37.5 hours per week, based in central Bristol. Salary will be competitive to match experience, with the benefit of employee share options scheme.
For more information and to apply, please visit the company website.