Salary: not specified
CD: Sunday 31st January
The IAG indoor vertical farm is one of the largest in the UK. It utilises proprietal aeroponic technology, currently enabling leafy greens and soft fruit to be grown to serve the UK market. The facility operates under optimal conditions for healthy crops to grow and flourish year-round.
IAG are looking for a passionate, committed and dedicated Grower to join the young established team at this exciting and pivotal time. We recognise that key personnel are at the heart of what we do and are vital to our success. The new team member needs to show an aspiration for operational excellence in all areas aligned with the IAG principles.
The Grower will be responsible for crop production at our indoor vertical farm in the heart of Berkshire. Managing the journey from seed selection to harvest. The role will encompass objective data collection and consistent monitoring to oversee the growing environment. Working to ensure our yield and quality targets are met.
In return IAG commit to ongoing training and personal development.
• Develop and document cultivation best practices for the consistent production of high-quality produce.
• Growing Leafy greens & soft fruit
• Analysing yield and quality in the crops
• Troubleshooting crop issues and diagnosing and reporting health, damage or quality issues.
• Maintaining and improving process plant and equipment
• Evaluate processes based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed
• Complete root cause analysis using objective data of crop issues and developing action plans
• Work with R&D Teams to continually test and revise cultivation practices, plant species and work within project parameters.
• Develop planting plans/schedules, source seeds and other nutrients for plant growth.
• Manage the farm in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain SOPs to provide a secure, safe, clean and tidy workspace for all team members.
• Maintain Red Tractor and GAP Food Safety standards and actively work towards obtaining additional certifications required for audit.
• Offer basic training to new employees at site.
• Host visitor and tours as required. Develop knowledge of process.
• Mentoring of others in alignment with IAG culture
To be considered for this role, applicants will need to demonstrate the following:
• Qualifications in Horticulture, Plant Science / related discipline
• Experience of growing Leafy Greens and/or herbs
• One year minimum experience.
• Although experience within in soil-less plant production techniques would be beneficial but not a pre-requisite
Job Type: Initially Part-time Monday to Friday.
Apply to email@example.com with a CV and covering email