We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to provide enterprise-level assistance to both our internal stakeholders and customers. You will diagnose and troubleshoot data processing, software and hardware problems and help our customers and internal team install applications and programs.
Please note – this does require experience in at least one of the following or similar applications: Multi-spectral imaging applications, RGB imaging applications, Agisoft, ArcGIS, Pix4d, QGis, GCP, Tiff, Jpg, Shapefiles, KMLs, geoJson.
Technical Support Specialist responsibilities include resolving data processing quality issues, reprocessing needs, network issues, and configuring accounts to provide immediate support. You will use Jira service desk, email and chat applications to give clients quick answers to simple data and user issues. For more complex problems that require nuanced instruction, you will contact people via phone, video or on-site support and provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals to be reused in future.
- Research and identify solutions to software, hardware and data issues
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup, image quality reports, cloud configuration and network configuration
- Ask internal (and external) customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track data processing system issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Propose improvements to current technical / data support process and track the success of these changes in data driven manner
- Talk internal stakeholders (or clients) through a series of actions, either via Jira, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. operations team, analysis team, software teams)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to internal and external customers
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritise and manage several open issues at one time
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of knowledge base articles, notes and manuals
- Maintain relationships with all internal stakeholders
- Proven work experience as a Technical Support Specialist, Support Engineer, Data Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer or similar role
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS/Google Cloud environments
- Experience supporting one or more bespoke applications in the field of Multi-spectral imaging application, RGB imaging. I.e. Agisoft, Pix4d, QGis, GCP, tiff, jpg, shapefiles, KMLs, geoJson etc.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field
- Previous experience in precision agriculture and/or strong knowledge of the AgriTech industry
- Passion for precision technology and its role in improving farming
- Private Healthcare
- Government Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Discretionary bonus
- Learning & development allowance
For more information on the company and to apply, please visit the company website.