CD: not specified
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Research and Development Executive to join the G’s Growers Innovation Team based at Barway, here at G’s we have a strong track record and industry-leading reputation for innovation and this opportunity will be key to our continued development.
Reporting to the Head of Research Agronomy, this role will be working within the G’s Innovation Team to deliver an innovative programme of Research & Development and knowledge transfer across the G’s Growers Ltd membership and communicate outcomes with members. The programme aims are to enable our farms to adapt to a changing climate, build farm resilience and improve crop productivity and crop quality with a diminishing number of pesticides (growing more for less). The programme includes; precision growing, integrated crop protection, quality, nutrition, sustainability and waste reduction and post-harvest technology. The programme covers on farm trials through to government-funded collaborative projects.
Key Role Responsibilities include:
- Manage and Coordinate Key Farm innovation Projects
- Plan, run & analyse in-house trials end to end
- Coordination of Salads, Beetroot and Onion Development Programmes
- Provide expert input into integrated pest management programme
- Communicate outcomes to members
- Technology scanning and networking
- Degree level education; ideally science or agricultural qualification
- Excellent communicator (verbal and written) and a good team player
- Science experience/interest
- Ideally with farming experience/interest
- Good attention to detail
To find our more and apply, please visit the company website.