Salary: role dependant
CD: not specified
Growth Rooms Assistant
Salary: £21,500 – £23,000
Location: Wissington, Kings Lynn
The Growth Rooms Assistant is responsible for supporting our Growth Rooms Specialist in various activities that are ongoing in the growth rooms, including preparation of growing media, setting up growth tests, watering and harvesting of plants. Daily maintenance of equipment and facilities is also required.
What will you need?
The job holder should be educated to A-level grade A-C (or equivalent) in at least one science subject.
An ideal candidate would have experience in growing plants. However full training will be provided.
- To assist in preparation of materials, setting up growth tests, watering plants, performing measurements and growth assessments.
- Conduct and assist in the development of new methodologies to determine the effectiveness of new seed treatment testing.
- To adhere to advice / instructions with regards to business priorities and standard working practices and to prioritise own workload accordingly.
- To organise and report results of tests as and when required.
- To ensure all equipment is functioning within specifications and to assist in regular checks and calibrations.
- Provide regular updates to Growth Rooms Specialist on the progress of the testing and other tasks.
- To maintain and improve working standards within the growth room facilities.
- Ensure all work meets the required quality standards through rigorous adherence to company policy, procedures and prescribed standards, making justified recommendations for improvements where required.
- To ensure adherence to Health and Safety policy and practices at all times.
- Complete administrative paperwork as required for company reporting procedures.
- Additional work, including project work, identified as necessary for the operation of the business.
For more information about any of the above roles and to apply, please visit the company website.