UK registered SMEs transforming food production towards net zero can apply for a share of up to £5 million in grant support. Innovate UK, as part of UK Research and Innovation, will invest up to £5 million to fund innovation projects in this competition. The grant funding is from the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) Transforming Food Production challenge. The aim of this competition is to support UK registered micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to transform food production through experimental development projects that are closer to market.
To be offered grant funding your project must:
- be successful in demonstrating how your project meets the overall aims of the ISCF Transforming Food Production Challenge
- have total eligible costs between £1 million and £3 million
- start by 1 August 2022
- end by 31 January 2023
- last 18 months
- carry out all of its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- have secured aligned investment with a lead investor from the pool
You can view the areas of expertise and investment preferences for the investors.
You can apply for this competition before you speak to an investor.
In addition to investment, the lead investors in the pool can provide you with commercial acumen in, for example:
- market access
The competition opens Monday 18th October 2021 and closes Wednesday 17th November 2021 11:00am.
For more information on this funding competition, please visit the UKRI website.