Innovate UK is offering small and micro businesses a share of up to £30 million in grants alongside tailored business support delivered by Innovate UK EDGE. You can apply for up to £50,000 for highly innovative ideas that have a clear route to commercialisation through business growth.
Your project must lead to new products, processes or services that are significantly ahead of others currently available, or propose an innovative use of existing products, processes or services. It can also involve a new or innovative business model.
In your application, you must be able to show that you:
- have a great idea
- need public funding
- have the capability to deliver the project
- will deliver the project
Your idea must focus on either achieving net zero, and how new technology can enable affordable, adoptable and investable innovations in these areas. We are particularly interested in proposals which will help you:
- develop both your idea and your business
- create a new revenue stream
- evidence and enable your market, funding and commercialisation plans
- show what’s feasible, helping you decide whether to pursue your idea further
- catalyse further innovation on your path to commercial success
- respond to changing market conditions
Innovate UK runs many different competitions, and each will have different eligibility and scope requirements. The guidance in this competition brief will always supersede any other guidance. If you are unsure or have any questions, please contact our Customer Support Service who will assist you further.
- Competition opens: Monday 11 July 2022
- Competition closes: Tuesday 26 July 2022 11:00am
In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. Please find all the details here.