Salary: not specified
CD: not specified
Location: Oslo, Norway
Join Farmable as they digitize the oldest profession in the world.
Globally, there are 75 million farms which grow the fruits and vegetables our growing population consumes. Farmable was inspired by a team of Norwegian fruit farmers who experienced first-hand the lack of digitization in their daily farming operations. Founded in September 2018 and the company has already launched an intuitive mobile app (iOS/Android) and a desktop portal to support fieldwork for over 11,000 farms around the world. We aim to build a global community of 1 million farms.
Farmable´s vision is to empower farmers to feed the world while preserving the planet.
They make it their mission to reinvent how farmers gather, organize and use their data, helping them improve yield while taking care of the environment.
As a Community Experience Manager in Farmable Marketing and Customer Experience team, you will help to drive community building to position the brand, products and organisation in the global horticulture community. Their core markets are UK, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Spain, with future plans for North and Latin America.
You will have the opportunity to become team member #9 on Farmable’s rapidly growing international team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to define and drive their community management initiative among farmers, agronomists, and industry players in the horticultural sector in Farmable´s core markets. The primary goal of the Community Experience Manager is to ensure their customers have an exceptional experience, receive quicker time to value, and more active use of Farmable’s products and platform.
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- 2+ years of community management experience
- 2+ years in technical support/service/customer success role
- Knowledge of or a strong interest in agriculture/horticulture and supporting the digital transformation of the industry
- Ability to spark community conversations online as well as offline.
- Ability to identify and influence the influencers in the horticulture industry.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication and presentation skills in English required. Additional languages (Spanish, German) are an added advantage.
- Experience with digital & interactive marketing concepts & technologies – web, search, social media, community & mobile
- Experience with scalable software solutions to support communication channels (e.g., Facebook, Whatsapp, Twitter, Discourse).
- Understanding of search engines and how to optimize performance of content through behaviors and content modification
- Desire and ability to learn new things and adapt to changing circumstances
- Analytical mindset that can translate data into actionable insights
What you will do:
- Develop and drive Farmable’s community experience strategy and execution.
- Identify and nurture super users and advocates.
- Build and grow community through identification of customer base, promotion of community, content, and critical initiatives to drive customer engagement.
- Take ownership of setting up community initiatives such as meetups and other initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the opportunities and challenges that Farm Managers globally face to be a relatable voice in existing online agricultural communities.
- Explore and suggest opportunities to humanize the brand by engaging with the community online and offline.
- Lead the development of cross channel community campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events, and report on their performance.
- Build and manage the community forum. Reactively respond to questions, concerns, complaints, and other communications inside the community as appropriate.
- Proactively create, publish, and post material on social media channels, forums, and blogs around the community in collaboration with the Content Experience Manager.
- Coordinate with other teams to ensure that communications are aligned and amplified, and highlight “Voice of the Customer”.
- Build, track and communicate Community KPIs to evangelize community feedback and influence decisions/priorities. Communicate actionable feedback to the Product teams.
- Support ongoing and targeted customer research.
- Travel to conferences, meetups, and other community events in our core markets.
Working in a small team with an early-stage tech product isn’t for everyone.
Here’s what we look for in a team-mate:
- A mind exploding with curiosity, is knowledge-seeking, and loves to take responsibility for projects
- Exceptional collaborator to influence and partner with critical cross functional teams to drive initiatives in a matrixed organization.
- You are a strategic thinker and effective “doer”. No task is too big or too small. You can manage operational tasks while keeping an eye out for strategic opportunities.
- You welcome change – ambiguity doesn’t cause you stress – it’s rather an opportunity to decide things when you have more information
- You are both self-directed and results-oriented
- You enjoy both teaching others and learning new things
- You dare to voice your opinion
- Competitive salary in a well-funded startup
- Comfortable and informal work environment in Oslo, Norway – the European Green Capital in 2019
- Early entry to the team; you will contribute to shape the position and have the potential to gain significant responsibilities in a very short time
- Opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues from a wide range of competence areas (business development, sales, product development, marketing, strategy and finance)
- Contribute to building a global ag-tech company that sets out to make global agriculture more sustainable
To apply, send an application with your CV, your portfolio (with relevant samples of community management for topics related to agriculture, or technology, or agtech) and a cover letter describing your passion to join the next global ag-tech success story. You can also reach out to Jyoti at + 47 483 46 103 or email@example.com