Tuesday 22nd September @ 10:00 am - 3:15 pm
The unique one-day introduction provides some insights into the agriculture sector, the opportunities it presents and some of the challenges that are still seeking solutions.
Agri-food production is a growing industry that offers opportunities for the application of technologies and services developed for and by other industries; however the successful implementation of these solutions requires domain knowledge.
This day-long learning event will offer the opportunity to find out more about the drivers, opportunities, challenges and needs of the industry, how your tech can help and how to get it into the hands of farmers.
Who is this for:
- Individuals who are working with a technology that would like to explore whether there is a place for it in agriculture
- Companies considering agriculture as a new focus for business
- Individuals working in an agricultural related business in non-agricultural related roles, PR, accounts etc, who would benefit from understanding the wider sector more
- Anyone working in a business support company that supports agricultural business who would benefit from a better understanding of agriculture
Starting from 10am with 3 online sessions as well as resources for further reading.
Member – £30 / Non-member – £50 (excl VAT)
10.00 – 11.00 ‘The Farming Year’
11.30 – 12.30 ‘The drivers and enablers’
2.00 – 3.15 ‘The future’
What you can expect to learn from this session:
- The difference between different farms growing varied crops and raising livestock
- The variety of decisions being made by farmers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Where technology is already being used on farm and where there are potential opportunities for new tech
- Connecting with those who connect with the farmers
- Current political landscape impacting agriculture
- Who are the influencers, and how decisions are made
- Where technology fits into the agriculture landscape and how technologies are deployed
- How funding can support research, development and innovation to impact the industry
- Different routes to market for new agri-tech innovations
- Where agriculture is moving and what might influence the progression of the sector
- The power of a network
This event is £30 for members of Agri-TechE, and £50 for non-members. Please note the fee is non-refundable for cancellation within 5 working days of the event.
Use the link on the top right of the event listing to book - members will need to log in or create an account in order to access the discounted rate.
To find out more about becoming a member of Agri-TechE, please click here.
Basis CPD points will be available for attendees this event.
If you would like to hear about what Agri-TechE is up to, or about other events we run for both members/non-members of Agri-TechE please sign up for our newsletter. We send about 2 emails a month, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
|Ag101 Non-member||£ 50.00|