- This event has passed.
Thursday 9th September @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
‘An impressive blend of different presentations discussing the future of farming, farming politics and the technological drivers. Exchanging knowledge and expertise.’ 2020 Ag101 Attendee
The unique one-day introduction provides some insights into the agriculture sector, the opportunities it presents and some of the challenges that are still seeking solutions.
Agri-food production is a growing industry that offers opportunities for the application of technologies and services developed for and by other industries; however the successful implementation of these solutions requires domain knowledge.
This day-long learning event will offer the opportunity to find out more about the drivers, opportunities, challenges and needs of the industry, how your tech can help and how to get it into the hands of farmers.
Who is this for:
- Individuals who are working with a technology that would like to explore whether there is a place for it in agriculture
- Companies considering agriculture as a new focus for business
- Individuals working in an agricultural related business in non-agricultural related roles, PR, accounts etc, who would benefit from understanding the wider sector more
- Anyone working in a business support company that supports agricultural business who would benefit from a better understanding of agriculture
9.30 – 11.00 ‘Walk a mile in a farmer’s footsteps’
11.15 – 12.15 ‘The drivers and enablers’
1.15 – 2.15 ‘The Role of Innovation’
2.30 – 3.30 ‘The future’
What you can expect to learn from this session:
- Reasons behind the reasons why different farms farm differently
- The variety of decisions being made by farmers on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Where technology is already being used on farm and where there are potential opportunities for new tech
- Connecting with those who connect with the farmers
- Current political landscape impacting agriculture
- Who are the influencers, and how decisions are made
- How funding can support research, development and innovation to impact the industry
- Where technology fits into the agriculture landscape and how technologies are deployed
- The impact and importance of science and research in agriculture
- Routes and advice to getting technology into the hands of farmers
- Where agriculture and horticulture is moving and what might influence the progression of the sector
- What could the future of agriculture look like
This event will be hosted on the Hopin platform. When you register you will receive a confirmation email from Agri-TechE .
48 hours ahead of the event you will then receive two emails from Hopin ( will show as ‘Agri-TechE firstname.lastname@example.org). For the first, you click the link ‘Login & Join Event’ to create an account on Hopin (if you do not already have one). This action then generates an automated email to authenticate your account, this link must be clicked within 10 minutes of receipt.
Do check your junk for these emails.
When registering please include your first name, surname, and company name as this will be displayed on your ‘delegate badge’ and help people to network with you.
To log into the event once registered please use the link from either email or login to Hopin https://hopin.com/users/sign_in and click on the event under ‘Home’.
If you can’t locate the Hopin email then please email email@example.com to request the link is resent.
This event is £35+VAT for members of Agri-TechE, and £60+VAT for non-members. Please note the fee is non-refundable for cancellation within 5 working days of the event.
Use the link on the top right of the event listing to book - members will need to log in or create an account in order to access the discounted rate.
To find out more about becoming a member of Agri-TechE, please click here.
If you would like to hear about what Agri-TechE is up to, or about other events we run for both members/non-members of Agri-TechE please sign up for our newsletter. We send about 2 emails a month, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
|Attendee £60+VAT||£ 60.00|