Salary: not specified
CD: Wednesday 31st August 2022
Elsoms Seeds is looking to recruit a Head of Agriculture Business to join our Senior Management team. We are looking for someone who has a clear track record of success in technical marketing and have worked with royalty bearing crops, develop strategies for successful market introductions and extended sales. Strategic thinking, planning and implementation are at the core of this role along with the ability to persuade and influence others to deliver a strong sustainable agricultural seed sales business in line with the company strategy.
The successful candidate must have significant experience working in sales and marketing within the industry, have experience of agricultural seeds, crop production, trials and/or breeding. This role requires significant travel in the UK and within Europe which may occur outside of standing working hours. A full, clean driving licence will be required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Fully develop, implement and deliver a strategy for agriculture, to meet financial targets and manage sales and marketing of all crops in the Agricultural business unit
- Manage, motivate and lead a team that is fully resourced, trained and fit for purpose to ensure all staff are competent and able to achieve their maximum potential. Ensure the team is abreast of strategic developments in the field crop sector
- Ensure that a strong technical marketing function and mindset is at the heart of how the team operates.
- Ensure all customers see us as a valuable supplier of a broad range of high-quality genetic material.
- Develop and maintain contact with processors and consumers of agricultural material (e.g. maltsters and millers).
- Ensure that the seed production process is well managed, that there is a sufficient supply of quality growers producing high grade seed to supply our customers and that all necessary plans and processes are in place to minimize risk and maximise return on this activity.
- Ensure there is a strong relationship with agency crop suppliers and that efficient logistics and storage function is capable of giving first class service to customers
- Active member of management team for Elsoms Wheat, Elsoms Ackermann Barley and Elsoms Oilseed Rape breeding programmes in order to inform breeding goals and strategies, make decisions on variety development and to maximise return on the investment
- Have a full understanding of statutory issues relating to production and marketing of agricultural seed products. Ensure the team also understand and observe these.
- A member of the Elsoms Seeds Leadership Team, actively contributing to and supporting the business strategy, and the Management Team
Qualifications and Experience
- ESSENTIAL – Degree in relevant subject or equivalent by experience
- ESSENTIAL – Experience motivating and managing teams, driving departmental plans and key account management
- ESSENTIAL – Experience working with and influencing processors and consumers of agricultural crops to ensure strong demand for varieties through the supply chain
Deadline for applications: 31/08/2022
Find out more by following this link