Salary: not specified
CD: not specified
This is an exciting opportunity to join a small focussed team working in the Agri Robotics space to deliver a proof of concept machine by June 2021. Please only apply if you are interested in working in a high-pace environment to high-standards and are prepared to work flexibly to meet the challenge – this is not a clock-in/clock-out operation.
We are looking for an experienced robotics design engineer, with ideally a strong knowledge in advanced control systems and theory to join our company during an exciting period of development. You will be a part of a highly experienced team, with cradle-to-grave involvement in projects.
- An experienced robotics design engineer with a strong knowledge of advanced control systems.
- An in depth knowledge of developing robotics systems using Linux, ROS, Gazebo, C++, Python.
- The ability to gain a full understanding of product requirements and manage expectations by regular communication and project reviews with the Project Manager and Chief Technology Officer.
- Work to a project plan with agreed deadlines producing innovative solutions solving complex problems.
- A natural problem-solving ability is essential.
Key Skills & Experience
- Robotics master’s degree.
- Software engineering, industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial electronics, control systems. robotics or similar bachelor’s degree.
- Ideally a minimum of three years’ post-masters degree experience working in a similar engineering design role.
- An excitant working knowledge of using Linux, ROS, Gazebo, C++, Python.
- Proven experience in developing products from initial brief to a fully working product
Advantageous but not essential
- Mechanical design experience on SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of parallel robots, compliance control, embedded Linux computers, mechanical engineering, electronic design and integration, agricultural machinery.
Workplace and Benefits
- Work within an international R&D team at our Shropshire offices.
- Your work at Earth Rover will enable new and better precision agriculture techniques for a more sustainable and efficient agriculture.
- We are developing several projects in cooperation with ESA (European Space Agency).
- Company stock options program.