CRM AgriCommodities provide grains and oilseeds market analysis and strategic price risk management solutions to producers, end users and agribusinesses througout the UK and overseas. Our services help businesses throughout the supply chain to manage price volatility and add value to the commodities they are trading. Our global analysis, clear market opinions and highly experienced team give us the opportunity to work with leading businesses throughout the food and farming industry.
Commodity Analyst – Grains and Oilseeds (Gloucestershire/East Anglia)
Salary: Competitive Salary + Incentives scheme
CD: not specified
CRM Agri are looking for a commodity market analyst. The role will involve analysis of global agricultural commodity markets, development of statistical models, writing analysis and opinion report and managing physical and risk management strategies on behalf of key customers. The successful candidate will assist in delivering value to stakeholders through regular market analysis, liaising with strategic advisors and sales people, sharing market insights and developing trading strategies.
Reporting directly to senior management, the role will involve:
- Communicating market intelligence with stakeholders
- Building price forecasting models, developing trading strategies, managing risk positions
- Analysis of commodity supply and demand balances
- Analysis ofphysical price data and its relationship to global trade and consumption
- Assisting with managing trading positions of customers
- Continually develop processes and methodologies, ensuring the ongoing accuracy and effectiveness of outputs.
- Developing strategic relationships with external global research organisations
- Build a book of commercial customers
- Undertaking relevant qualifications and training
- Quantitative/ Analytical background with excellent written English and creative report writing ability
- Be a team player and willing to provide wider business input, as well as assist other team members when required
- Strong presentation skills and able to deliver with energy and passion
- Excellent Excel/ Powerpoint skills and preferably data modelling experience
- Organised with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Some travel required, must hold a full driving licence and be eligible to work permanently in the UK
- Commodity market experience and understanding of market fundamentals, hedging tools and physical pricing
- Experience in agricultural commodity trading, procurement, marketing or risk management
- Masters degree in Economics or Agriculture and/ or relevant industry experience
Further information on company website.
Please include a CV and a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience align with the job requirements and your salary expectations.
Applicants must have the right to live and work in the UK
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
CRM AgriCommodities is an equal opportunity employer
For more information, visit the company website.