Salary: not specified
CD: not specified
Crop Health and Protection (CHAP) Ltd is one of four UK Agri-Tech Centres launched under BEIS supported by Innovate UK in 2015. As a unique, independent nexus between UK government, researchers and industry, CHAP builds innovation networks to identify and accelerate the development of cutting-edge solutions to drive transformative change in sustainable crop productivity.
About the Role:
CHAP is seeking to extend its technical expertise in genomics, NGS, and molecular diagnostics.
As part of the Innovation Team this role will be responsible for supporting the team in developing, writing and delivering successful research grants and projects, acting as a technical specialist. This will include liaising with CHAP partners, members and external stakeholders to write and source compelling technical content for the CHAP marketing channels from a network of contributors. You will also work closely with CHAP’s Commercial team to assist in delivering technical content for outreach and marketing objectives along with technical events/workshops.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Innovation Director and assist in the overall objectives of CHAP
- Proactively research and engage with the sector to understand current opportunities and challenges
- Support the ideation and development of successful applications and bid proposals to enhance the CHAP innovation program and maximise use of current CHAP capabilities
- Support the successful delivery of CHAP projects
- Act as a key scientific/technical point of contact for CHAP
- Create and develop partnership and consortium networks with CHAP partners and wider community
- Raise awareness of CHAP and its capabilities
- Provide relevant documentation and reports internally
- Produce briefing documents and presentation as required for colleagues, the board and wider audience.
- Assist with appropriate reporting to the Innovation, Operational, Commercial teams and Monitoring Officer as required.
Applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- An honours degree in a science discipline (or equivalent experience)
- A PhD in a science discipline and/or experience of working within a relevant industry sector
- Experience and understanding of the academic research and development sector and or commercial technical research sector
- Experience and knowledge of the UK funding landscape
- Evidence of effective grant application/bid writing/business plans and project management or co-ordination and developing professional networks
- Ability to liaise with a wide variety of colleagues – technical and non-technical
- Ability to build relationships with a range of organisations
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to engage with stakeholders at any level
- Confident, friendly and articulate manner
- Experience of developing and maintaining networks
- Effectively plan and manage workload
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work both as a team member and on own initiative
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
For more information and to apply, please visit the company website.