Salary: Dependent on experience
CD: not specified
Crop Health and Protection (CHAP) Ltd is one of four UK Agri-Tech Centres launched under BEIS supported by Innovate UK in 2015. As a unique, independent nexus between UK government, researchers and industry, CHAP builds innovation networks to identify and accelerate the development of cutting-edge solutions to drive transformative change in sustainable crop productivity. CHAP is seeking a Social Media Marketing Executive to support the growth within the business.
Overall Job Purpose
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the role of the Social Media Marketing Executive is to support the delivery of CHAP’s marketing strategy, in particular, Inbound Marketing tactics, to improve awareness of our services.
The CHAP marketing team has already experienced the benefit of dedicating inputs to Inbound Marketing -specifically within the realm of social media. Since 2018, the team has doubled its Twitter following from 1,500 to 2,900 and increased the number of followers on LinkedIn from 113 to 1900. This has significantly contributed to the increase in website visitors (1,000-1,500 new visitors a month) to help demonstrate the value of CHAP and its different capabilities. Whilst social media channels respond to activity, content needs to be highly frequent, brand consistent and build awareness of all the services we offer to all relevant market segments. Plus YouTube, Instagram and other areas of social media innovation are growing rapidly within the agricultural industry. Therefore, activities and inputs require a full-time dedicated role to maximise available opportunities and ensure CHAP optimises awareness of our work, brand values and our contribution to society.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Generating and posting insight and educational content on each channel, tailored to target each customer segment
- Sharing news, events and blogs
- Motivating engagement from existing followers through creative images, quotes and microcontent
- Identification and use of topical hashtags and trends
- Affiliating with strategic organisations, events and influencers through following and tagging, as well as identifying and engaging with partner organisations and target customers
- Support individual team members to post and share from their personal accounts
- Support the repurposing of content generated by the team into short videos and other creative tactics
- Maintain and protect the CHAP brand and voice across online platforms
- Create, schedule and plan content in advance, including specific campaigns
- Assist the marketing team with wider marketing-related activities
- Undertake collaborative team tasks in order to support and deliver strategic plans
Skills & Experience
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree or qualification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Although not essential, agricultural knowledge would prove advantageous
For more information and to apply, please visit the company website.