Salary: Dependent on Experience
CD: Not specified
Crop Health and Protection Limited (“CHAP”) is one of the four Centres for Agricultural Innovation and a key component of the UK Government’s Agri-Tech Strategy, aiming to spark scientific and technical innovation that enables transformational change and sustainable productivity in agriculture.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
You will undertake the following responsibilities:
• Report to the Innovation Director and assist in the overall objectives of CHAP
• Initiate, develop and execute successful applications and bid proposals to enhance the CHAP innovation program and maximise use of current CHAP capabilities
• Create and develop partnership and consortium networks with CHAP partners and wider community
• Provide accurate technical assessment of applications, bids and projects and present those findings to technical and non-technical audience including Exec Team and Board
• Support Operational and Financial team in project establishment, management and reporting
• Work with Operational and Financial Team to develop core structure foundation documentation for successful application/bid and consortium applications.
• Actively engage with current research and industry developments to produce periodical briefing documents for colleagues, Board and wider audience.
• Assist with appropriate reporting to the Exec Team, Board and others as required
Skills, Experience and Behaviours
• Experience of working in academia and commercial environments. (this might need to be and/or)
• Degree level qualification in Biology/Agriculture/Agronomy/Soil Science fields.
• Clear understanding and experience of U.K. and international funding programs available including Innovate UK, UKRI, EU and charitable bodies.
• Evidence of effective grant application/bid writing/business plans and project management or co-ordination and developing professional networks.
• Effectively plan and manage workload
• Able to work to tight deadlines
• Attention to detail
• Independent thinker – able to take the lead
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
• Excellent presentation skills (written and oral) with ability to engage with stakeholders at any level.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office packages
• The ability to represent CHAP nationally or internationally as required.
• Full UK driving licence
For more information and to apply, please visit the CHAP website.