Opening Date: 16th September 2021
Closing Date: 11 January 2022 16.00
Apply for funding to support an established research partnership between business and academic institutions.
The EPSRC Prosperity Partnerships funding opportunity aims to fund business-led research that arises from an industrial need, with the work being co-delivered between the business and academic partners. The opportunity is aimed at supporting excellent, world leading fundamental research which has clear benefit to the businesses involved, resulting in accelerated impact arising from the new knowledge, innovations, or technologies.
Although the call is led by EPSRC, applications with a strong bioscience (and agricultural) connection could be co-funded by BBSRC. If you are aware of any groups or businesses that may have any interest in working with EPSRC, for example on challenges around energy, net-zero, robotics, sensors, AI, or digitisation, then it would be much appreciated if you could forward this onto them. I’m very happy to help with offering connections within UKRI.
Prosperity partnership programmes must:
- address EPSRC’s delivery plan priorities, particularly for delivering economic and social prosperity
- be business led, but co-created and co-delivered between the industrial and academic partners
- support fundamental research with a technology readiness level of one to three.
This co-investment opportunity is part of the EPSRC Prosperity Partnerships strategy.
The industrial partners must match the funding provided by EPSRC for the partnership. EPSRC will fund:
- most project costs at 80% full economic cost
- studentships at 100% full economic cost.