Apply for funding to support established research partnerships between business and academic institutions.
Business-led, co-created and co-delivered
The Prosperity Partnerships funding opportunity aims to fund business-led research that arises from an industrial need, with the work being co-delivered between the business and academic partners.
The opportunity is aimed at supporting excellent, world-leading discovery research and innovation, which has clear benefit to the businesses involved, resulting in accelerated impact arising from the new knowledge, innovations or technologies.
Co-creation of the research programme is essential. BBSRC expects programmes funded through this opportunity to:
- drive forward shared research challenges
- demonstrate impact beyond the partners
- provide benefits to the businesses involved.
The programme should contribute positively to the overall strategic partnership framework which exists between the parties.
Bids must be led by the business lead at the outline stage.
Business leads must be:
- UK-based or have UK-based research activity
- in the private sector driven by profit, or from an organisation with a commercial arm which generates independent revenue
- able to contribute to the UK national prosperity through increasing their investment in research and development activities and subsequent product, service or technology development.
BBSRC will fund 80% of the full economic cost (100% for skills and talent training costs).
Your project can be up to five years.
Closing Date: 8th September 2022