Salary: not specified
CD: not specified
This is an opportunity to work on bringing robust science and modern data-centric technologies to bear in tackling some of the world’s most important challenges.
We are looking for adaptable self-starters who can confidently implement complex distributed systems at scale.
As part of a fast-paced, small, expanding enterprise, this role will suit someone who:
- Is comfortable working as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team in a lean and agile environment
- Is adaptable to changing requirements, and comfortable with ambiguity
- Has excellent communication, time-management and organisational skills
- Has a continuous improvement mind-set
- To bring agricultural data understanding to a wide-ranging audience by building a strong data platform, enabling the development of real world products and services for a wide range of customers.
- Modern software development practices including TDD, Refactoring, Continuous Integration
- Experience with a variety of data stores (e.g. relational, column stores, graph databases)
- Agile working practices, Continuous delivery
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Developing and using HTTP REST API microservices
- Working in a Software-as-a-Service environment
- Experience with cloud services (Azure, AWS or GCP). We are using Azure
- Designing data architectures for performance and integrity
- Working knowledge of big data processing (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka)
- Experience with, or understanding of Semantic Web or Linked Data concepts
- Experience mentoring others
- React or Angular, NodeJS, Express, ElasticSearch, Python scientific libraries (NumPy, Pandas)
This role is based in Reading.
For more information and to apply, please visit the company website.