Plater Bio is a biotechnology company developing a range of novel agro-inputs. We are fully independent and manufacture all our products at our site in Glossop, Derbyshire.
Highlights of our unique technology include;
- Gold Leaf; The would first and only complete liquid fertilizer. Contains every plant nutrient in a buffered and chelated form. Can be used as a ‘one part’ hydroponic fertilizer or in field production where calcium is needed to be applied alongside NPK.
- Production of fungal chitosan for use in a number of industries. In agriculture chitosan can be used as a biofungicide/biobactericide under EU organic regulations. As Plater Bio’s chitosan is manufactured from fungi, not animal waste (the industry norm), it makes it ideal for use on food crops.
- Extraction and refinement of bioactive ingredients from algae (seaweeds) for use as biostimulants.
- Chelation of micronutrients with organic acids.
- Contract manufacturing of finished fertiliser and the supply of raw materials.
We are also able to advise on global and regional regulatory issues. Our in-house laboratories can analyse fertilizer and biostimulant composition/activity, including elemental composition, heavy metal analysis, bioassays, and compatibility testing with other agrochemicals.
Plater Bio are currently seeking global distribution partners in key countries.