CD: not specified
Location: Boxwoth, Cmabridgeshire; Gleadthorpe, Nottinghamshire or Homebased
We are seeking to recruit a Soils & Nutrients Research Scientist to contribute to the delivery of current research projects investigations soil quality, crop nutrition and the utilisation of organise materials in agricultural systems.
ADAS, part of RSK Group Ltd, is the UK’s largest provider of research and advice on agricultural and environmental issues. With over 75 years’ experience ADAS has an amazing track record of providing agricultural, horticultural and environmental consultancy & research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. ADAS has a unique combination of insight and practical experience, underpinned by robust, informed, science-based information that allows us to meet the needs of both our domestic and international clients. Our great strength is our breadth and depth of expertise spanning the entire environmental sector.
Soils & Nutrients Research Scientist – Home based or office based either Boxworth, Cambridgeshire or Gleadthorpe, Nottinghamshire
Working as part of the ADAS Soils and Nutrients Team develop proposals for research projects with a range of clients including government, levy bodies, European Commission, and corporate organisations. The successful candidate will contribute to the delivery of current research projects investigating soil quality, crop nutrition and the utilisation of organic materials in agricultural systems. The role will involve writing scientific papers and reports as well as representing ADAS at industry events and national and international scientific conferences.
We are inviting applications from early career scientists and from more experienced candidates with a track record of delivering research projects relating to soil and nutrient management.
- Demonstrate scientific and research skills and contribute to the delivery of existing projects and development of new proposals for funding.
- Develop an understanding of the policy issues relating to the work carried out by the Soils and Nutrients group and become familiar with the principles of crop nutrient management
- Analyse and interpret data from experiments
- Write experiment protocols, project reports and scientific papers
- Present results at project meeting, industry events and national and international scientific conferences
- Build internal and external contacts and develop own experience and expertise.
What we require
- A degree or equivalent in Soil Science, Agricultural and Environmental Science or related subject
- A good understanding of soil and nutrient management in agricultural systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational and planning skills
- A full driving licence
- An ability to work individually or as part of a team
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary depending on experience and track record.
- A friendly, supportive work environment
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Constant H&S training
- Increasing annual leave entitlement with length of service
- Regular training and career development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, and private health care
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym membership, Holidays and Entertainment)
- Access to mental health support and professional financial advice
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
For more information and to apply, please visit the company website.