Salary: £22,000 – £32,000
ADAS is seeking a Software Developer to join our Modelling & Informatics team on a full-time, permanent basis. This is a position based in Bristol with home-working opportunities available.
As a Software Developer, you will contribute to the development of web-based tools and applications for use by the agricultural industry and government to improve the efficiency and environmental footprint of agriculture.
ADAS, part of RSK Group Ltd, is the UK’s largest provider of research and advice on agricultural and environmental issues. With 75 years’ experience, ADAS has an amazing track record of providing agricultural, horticultural and environmental consultancy & research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector.
- Development of computer models and software tools, or application of existing tools that allow predictions to be made that are realistic, defendable and appropriate to customer requirements
- Staying up to date with the latest standards and approaches to software development and web design
- Designing and coding of dashboards providing bespoke visualisation of environmental data
- Have experience in developing web services and apps, ideally using Microsoft technologies and ideally within an environmental context
- Experience in producing interactive dashboard-based visualisations of data
- Have participated in the software development life cycle using source control and agile project management methods
- Have demonstrated effective communication with a range of audiences, to transfer knowledge of the software development process and initiate inputs from users and clients
- You will have excellent numeracy and data analysis skills, and a good understanding of the software development lifecycle and coding standards
- You will have a good understanding of web design and the challenges involved in creating interfaces to improve the user experience
Salary and Benefits
- £22,000 to £32,000 per annum, dependent on skills and experience
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please see a more detailed job description attached.
RSK is a leading environmental, engineering and technical services group providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. We know that the world faces some very significant challenges in the years to come. The United Nations are referring to the ‘Decade of Action’, saying that we have “ten years to transform our world” and to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals. RSK is on a mission to deliver solutions which will help to address these major global challenges, reshaping our natural and built environments and creating a more sustainable future. We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, we are a group of over 120 businesses, many of which operate under different brands, employing over 7,000 employees worldwide. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented people. Employees are at the heart of our business, and we recognise that our success is founded on the talent of our people. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing professional development and enabling employees to reach their full potential. Despite our growing numbers, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to all that we do.