CD: Not Specified
We are looking to recruit a Horticulture Research Officer to work full time. This role will be based out of Boxworth, Cambridgeshire. Currently, we are operating remote working for many of our office-based employees and this is expected to evolve into a blended working arrangement when restrictions enable this.
Being an ADAS Horticulture team member is a fascinating career choice; you will get to work with some of the most progressive and innovative businesses in the UK. The successful applicants will establish excellent working relationships with colleagues, the industry and adopt a strong team ethos in the delivery of work and interaction with clients. The Horticulture Research Officer role will include management of field and glasshouse/polytunnel/laboratory experiments at ADAS sites and at numerous commercial sites throughout the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver practical research for a range of horticulture crops.
- Develop specialist technical expertise to deliver on-site trial work and implement applied research and knowledge exchange.
- Lead implementation of on-site and / or laboratory work and liaise with clients and colleagues to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage projects throughout the complete project cycle (including being involved in bid preparation, planning team requirements/resources and ensuring timely and profitable delivery).
- Develop a sound and effective working relationship with colleagues, collaborators and the industry in order to grow the business.
- Identification of further work / knowledge gaps within the industry through communication of observed needs and opportunities encountered through trial delivery.
Normal hours of work are 40 per week. Normal office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Flexible working may be required to complete field based tasks during busy periods.
The specific tasks are as follows:
- Carry out all trials related research activities, ensuring that protocols are followed for the implementation and assessment of research.
- Be able to interpret trial objectives and outputs in the context of activities undertaken, engage with how research is delivered and feed forward into trial inception, implementation and outputs.
- Ensure all work is carried out in a consistent, scientifically valid and reproducible fashion to ensure all trial activities are meaningful and defendable.
- Demonstrate knowledge of horticulture crop system management in order to meet client needs.
- Ensure that scientific research projects are planned, managed and lead to achieve stated objectives within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Work closely and communicate regularly with Horticulture consultants on trial work.
- Represent ADAS Horticulture with interactions with growers and key industry representatives when at trial sites.
- Assist consultants with report writing, statistical analysis and technical note writing.
- Manage own time effectively and efficiently to maximise trial delivery.
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences to transfer the knowledge gained. This may include interactions with industry representatives when on trials sites or being visited at Boxworth and at project steering / industry events.
- BSc or higher in a relevant subject discipline.
- Valid licence to drive in the UK.
- All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK.
- A progressive attitude with flexibility and willingness to take on a wide range of challenges.
- Flexibility – to travel within the UK and overseas.
Salary and benefits:
- Pay commensurate with experience
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
For more information and to apply, please visit the organisation’s website.