Salary: not specified
CD: not specified
Location: Boxworth, near Cambridge
With over 75 years’ experience ADAS has an amazing track record of providing agricultural and environmental consultancy & research expertise to an enviable range of clients both in the private and public sector. We are a recognised leader in the agricultural, environmental and rural sectors. We provide an ethical service to our clients and are renowned for achieving sensitive and sustainable balance between the needs of wildlife, the environment and man.
As a major provider of agricultural and environmental consultancy and research throughout the UK, our strength lies in our ability to provide our clients with an unparalleled range of objective, science-based information, advice and implementation services. We now have opportunity to appoint a new highly motivated graduate, or post-graduate (MSc or PhD), to join our experienced teams of consultants and researchers. The breadth of our offer provides opportunities to develop skills across the wide range of ADAS services.
The post will have a commercial focus and will require candidates to have a willingness for winning and managing work to meet client needs. The training programme will include aspects designed to help develop your skills in sales, effective consultancy and project/contract management.
General Key Skills and personal attributes required
- A degree preferably Science-based (especially (but not exclusively) Environmental Sciences, Applied Biology/Ecology, UK Agriculture or Horticulture or food related) or equivalent industry experience is essential.
- MSc and/or PhD in an applied agricultural or environmental science highly desirable.
- A passion for your developing practical crop protection solutions and delivering great service to clients.
- Knowledge of agricultural/environmental issues and how these may impact on society, individuals and ADAS clients
- A driven and motivated approach to selling and delivering to clients & supporting colleagues
- Confident communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- Self-awareness, emotional intelligence and great decision-making skills
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills and to work flexibly to respond to evolving markets
- A full driving licence is essential, you may, on occasion, be required to travel throughout the UK
- Competent user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of carrying out research and statistical analysis techniques desirable, but not essential as training provided.
- Experience of project proposal writing and project management desirable.
Specific Weed management knowledge and experience –
To help develop and support a wide-ranging programme of research work (field and glasshouse based experiments) to improve the efficacy and sustainability of weed management, including Herbicide Resistance management through to the cultural control of weeds. The successful applicant will be expected to develop a research and advisory programme for weed management (chemical and non-chemical management). To formulate effective sustainable and robust strategies for the UK arable and horticulture industry, interaction with other crop protection and crop physiology specialists will be necessary. Typically our research and project-based consultancy uses knowledge of weed biology and management to improve crop yield whilst also reducing the impact of crop production on the environment. Our clients include producers, levy boards, Defra and its agencies, Innovate UK, the agricultural supply industry and other corporate businesses within the food supply chain. Following appropriate training and development you will be expected to work on a number of concurrent projects and will have sales and delivery targets.
Applicants need to demonstrate knowledge of weed management skills and/or agronomy, UK agriculture/horticulture, an ability to interpret data and to communicate information effectively to a range of stakeholders and clients. Knowledge of the practical issues facing the food and non-food crop production sectors and basic horticulture skills are desirable.
Salary and benefits:
- £commensurate with experience
- A friendly, supportive work environment
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Constant H&S training
- Increasing annual leave entitlement with length of service
- Regular training and career development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, and private health care
- Regular training and career development
- Regular offers through RSK Group (e.g. Tastecard, Gym membership, Holidays and Entertainment)
For more information and to apply, please visit the company website.